9 Rankers Reviews
2 Scenic Attractions
1 Coromandel Town
• Walk to the end of the beach
• Cross the lagoon stream
• Walk on the boulders at the edge of the sea until you reach the path
• Follow the path that takes you across the saddle to New Chums
• Wear sand shoes or walking shoes
• Best not to walk when there is a high surf running
• Take a water bottle and a towel
• Time taken is 30 minutes -- each way
• NO CAMPING - NO OVERNIGHTING - NO ALCOHOL
• ALCOHOL IS BANNED FROM THIS BEACH BY THE TCDC
North Island ▷ Coromandel ▷ Coromandel Town
Amazing beach well worth the walk to get there!
Save up to 70% on campsite fees! Support conservation and experience the natural beauty of NZ. 78 Department of Conservation campsites, one convenient pass.
White sand, quiet place, clean sea.
Access savings worth hundreds of $$ on Top Ranked NZ Accommodation and Activities for just $1 per day.
The New Chums Beach is a pretty sick beach here in New Zealand, you can't go by car so you walk around 30 minutes to the beach along the coast. You can climb a little hill/mountain and have an overview to the beach. It is not so much tourism as Cathedral Cove.
Thank You - to the thousands of travellers that have contributed to our Top Voted NZ Activities Map - it's free from Rankers.
Most beautiful beach we have ever seen.
One of the best beaches I have ever seen in my life and not overcrowded.
Best beach I have ever seen! Just a few people. But the walk to the beach is full with stinky algae.
Very nice walk along the beach and on the rocks. The New Chums Beach was really amazing!
Thanks to all the good people working for the NZ Department of Conservation - for all your hard work - making NZ more beautiful, accessable and healthy! Cheers 😍