The Riverview Home is on an elevated natural site overlooking the Mokihinui River and Buller Bay coastline with a picturesque backdrop of subtropical native forest.
The house offers a well equipped kitchen with a large central living area, comfortably furnished. An open fireplace adds to the warm atmosphere. The beach and river can be reached by foot within five minutes. When used in conjunction with the nearby Rata Lodge it is an ideal venue for group gatherings such as family occasions, corporate retreats, weddings etc.
Beds: 4 bedrooms, 2 queens, 4 singles, 1 queen fold out sofa.
Linen: Duvets, pillows and some blankets are supplied. Sheets, towels and pillowcases can be hired at $20/bed/stay.
Kitchen: Fridge/freezer, electric stove top/oven, microwave, toaster, electric jug, coffee plunger, pots, cutlery and crockery
Bathrooms: 1 bathroom with shower and toilet; 1 seperate shower; 1 seperate toilet.
Availability: All year round.
Winter Tariff: $120/night first two adults
1 May to 31 August
Mid Season Tariff: $130/night first two adults
1 September to 20 December
Summer Tariff: $150/night for the first two adults
12 January to 30 April
Peak Season Tariff: $200/night for the first two adults
21 December to 11 January
$30 per additional adult per night
• Children < 2 years FREE, Children 3-10years $10/night, Children 11-16years $15/night
• Easter and Buller Marathon = Peak Season tariff
• Other Statutory Holidays and Canterbury Anniversary Weekend = Summer Season tariff
• Long stays negotiable during off-peak periods
• One-night stay surcharge may apply (enquire).
• Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
• Washing machine
• Sunset deck
• Dogs allowed inside, please bring their own bedding. Please ensure they stay out of the bedrooms, off the couches, and keep in mind our local Weka population and other protected birdlife. There is a one-off charge of $20/stay to have your dog(s) stay inside with you.
• Pillows and quilts are supplied. Other linen (sheets, pillowcases and towels) available for hire on request ($20 per bed per stay).