Number of tent sites - 93. The campsite overlooks the mouth of Whangaruru Harbour.
Water from tap
We recommend you make a booking during the busy summer season.
To provide a fair and equal opportunity for all potential campers, only one site may be booked per booking session.
• Backcountry hut pass does not apply
• Campervan access/eligible for NZMCA pass (except during exemption period)
• Camp office hours are 7:30 am – 8:00 pm
• Camp gates and barrier arms are locked from 9:00 pm – 7:30 am
• Recycling facilities available
• Camp hosts on site from Labour Weekend to first Saturday after Easter
• Last 2 km single lane
• Weather conditions will limit access to the grassed areas over winter
• Foot access only from the car park 10 June – 30 November
Campers staying in the camp are required to purchase a $2.00 rubbish bag to assist with the costs associated with the disposal of rubbish and recyclable items.
18 years and over.
5-17 years. 0-4 years are FREE.
Thanks to all the good people working for the NZ Department of Conservation - for all your hard work - making NZ more beautiful, accessable and healthy! Cheers 😍